Microsoft Project 2019/2021: Part 1
Welcome to Microsoft® Project® 2019/2021: Part 1. This course is designed to familiarize you with the basic features and functions of Microsoft Project so you can use it effectively and efficiently in a real-world environment. This course covers the critical knowledge and skills a project manager needs to create a project plan with Project during the planning phase of a project. In other words, if your supervisor assigns you to lead a project, this course will enable you to draft a project plan with Project and share it with your supervisor (and others) for review and approval.
This Course is for…
This course is designed for a person with an understanding of project management concepts, as well as general desktop computer skills, and who will be responsible for creating and maintaining project plans. This course will give you the fundamental understanding of Microsoft Project necessary to construct basic project plans.
Schedule / Enroll
1 – Getting Started with Microsoft Project
- Topic A: Identify Project Management Concepts
- Topic B: Navigate in the Microsoft Project Desktop Environment
2 – Defining a Project
- Topic A: Create a New Project Plan File
- Topic B: Set Project Plan Options
- Topic C: Assign a Project Calendar
3 – Adding Project Tasks
- Topic A: Add Tasks to a Project Plan
- Topic B: Enter Task Duration Estimates
4 – Managing Tasks
- Topic A: Create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Topic B: Define Task Relationships
- Topic C: Schedule Tasks
5 – Managing Project Resources
- Topic A: Add Resources to a Project
- Topic B: Create a Resource Calendar
- Topic C: Enter Costs for Resources
- Topic D: Assign Resources to Tasks
- Topic E: Resolve Resource Conflicts
6 – Finalizing a Project Plan
- Topic A: Optimize a Project Plan
- Topic B: Set a Baseline
- Topic C: Share a Project Plan
In this course, you will be able to construct basic project plans using Microsoft Project.
Identify project management concepts and navigate Microsoft Project Professional.
Create a new project plan.
Add tasks to a project.
Manage task relationships within a project.
Manage project resources.
Finalize a project plan.